Media and Events
Diane has no events scheduled at this time. Please continue to check this space for the latest upcoming events.
Diane appreciates all the requests for photographs for press use. All images are jpgs; pixel dimensions denote height. Please let us know where you post your article so we can link to it. All author photos used should be credited to Tisaraphoto.com. Thanks.
View and print Diane's printer-friendly biography.
- Bound by Duty is Diane’s 16th Harlequin Historical Romance.
- Diane’s A Reputable Rake won the Romance Writers of America 2006 RITA Award for Best Regency Romance.
- Diane’s books have won other awards, including the 2009 Golden Quill Award, the 2005 National Reader’s Choice Award, the 2005 Orange Rose (now called Book Buyers Best), and, as an unpublished writer, the 2003 Romance Writers of America Golden Heart.
- Diane also wrote two Historical Romances for Warner Forever, under the name Diane Perkins.
- Diane’s first book, The Mysterious Miss M, was published in 2004 by Mills & Boon (the UK branch of Harlequin Enterprises). The Mills & Boon editor who judged the unpublished manuscript in the 2003 Golden Heart Contest, bought the book.
- Diane’s first career was as a county mental health social worker, initially providing outpatient psychotherapy for children and their parents, then later for older adults in the county’s specialized Senior Adult Mental Health program.
- Diane’s education includes: a Master’s in Social Work from Virginia Commonwealth University; a Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University; a Bachelor of Arts in English from Ohio University.
- Diane is the third daughter of a Colonel in the US Army. After spending their childhoods moving from place to place, including a year in Japan, Diane and her sisters settled in the Washington, DC, suburbs. Diane’s son and daughter grew up in the house where Diane still lives with her husband and three ordinary housecats.